Reduce the PDF size online, in a few clicks, for free.
PDF files can be surprisingly large. Compressing your PDF file will make it easier to:
- forward it as an e-mail attachment,
- send it through messenger apps,
- upload it online.
Searching for a perfect way to compress PDF files with free online PDF Compression tool? Try PDF2Go's - Compress PDF tool! Our popular tool will help you to easily and noticeably reduce the size of your document to a more manageable size. The automatic compression feature makes this process even faster while maintaining the appearance and the quality of your file. Enable the uploading or sending of your oversized file! Compress your PDF online for free by following these simple steps:
How To Compress a PDF
- Go to Compress PDF on PDF2Go.com
- Click "Choose File" to select a PDF file to upload. You can also drag and drop the PDF file. Uploading a file from the Internet ("Enter URL") or cloud storage services (Google Drive, Dropbox) is also possible.
- Choose any of the optional settings.
- Click on "Start" to compress your file.
- Download your newly compressed PDF!
Does the compression affect the quality of the PDF? Size vs. Quality
After uploading your file, you can choose one of the presets to change and adjust the quality of your compressed PDF file. This mostly affects the images contained in the document. The options determine how much image compression there will be. There are two key compression methods available:
|Basic compression (Default)||Strong compression|
|Medium file size and high quality||Small file size and medium quality|
When you use our default basic compression, your file will stay visually the same. We suggest using it to strike a good balance between size and quality. If you decide to use the second method, strong compression, you will get a smaller file size, but its quality will be slightly lower. Depending on your document, this may be an acceptable choice.
For even more control, you can select one of the six additional presets:
- Insane (Insane Quality, 20 dpi images)
- Minimum ( Minimum Quality, 40 dpi images)
- Normal (Screen Quality, 72 dpi images)
- Ebook (Low Quality, 150 dpi images)
- Printer (High Quality, 300 dpi images)
- Prepress (High Quality, 300 dpi images)
Finally, as an optional setting, you can also turn all images in your PDF to grayscale which will further reduce the file size. Note that this option converts the colored images in the file into black and white.
Is Online PDF Processing Secure?
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us! When uploading your files to PDF2Go, you can be sure that your files are encrypted and transferred securely. You can delete your file from our server immediately after the conversion. Otherwise, all transferred files will be automatically deleted after 24 hours. During this time, file privacy is guaranteed because no one else has access to the file except for you. PDF2Go does not back up or actively monitors your files: the service is completely automated.
Can I Compress PDF from my smartphone?
With PDF2Go you can compress PDF files from any device, your smartphone included! You can stay productive on the go and compress PDF files whenever needed, by using just your browser.
Is this service free of charge?
You have too many files? - Go Premium!
If you need to compress multiple PDF files regularly, PDF2Go offers a Premium version so that you can batch-process your files without limits. The PDF2Go tool is and will remain free and accessible to everyone for casual use. Once the file is uploaded, you have over 20 ultimate tools at your disposal to further edit PDF files. However, this free service is supported by our Premium users and we encourage you to register and become one of them.
Apart from full access to editing tools, a Premium subscription also offers you:
- Unlimited document size (up to 8 GB)
- Maximum files per conversion
- Unlimited OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- No advertisement on the website
- Encrypted data transfer with 256-bit SSL
We are developing software that people love.